I. General Information and NotesIn the following we inform about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data are all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
1) The person responsible in accordance with Art. 4 No. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
Biebricher Allee 36
Phone: +49 611 97 819-660
Competent data protection supervisory authority:
The Hessian Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information
You can reach our data protection officer at
contact person: Nicolai Haas
In den Leppsteinswiesen 14
Phone: +49 6154 57605-111
2) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, your name and telephone number if applicable) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data arising in this connection after storage is no longer necessary or restrict processing if there are legal storage obligations.
3) If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer or wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. We will also state the specified criteria for the storage period.
1) You have the following rights against us with regard to the personal data concerning you:
- Right to information,
- Right to correction or deletion,
- Right to limit processing,
- Right to object to the processing,
- Right to data transferability.
2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
Objection or revocation against the processing of your data
1) If you have given your consent to process your data, you can revoke it at any time. Such revocation will affect the permissibility of processing your personal data after you have given it to us.
2) Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on the weighing of interests, you can object to the processing. This is the case if the processing is in particular not necessary for the fulfillment of a contract with you, which is described by us in the following description of the functions. In the event of such an objection, please explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the facts of the case and will either stop or adapt the data processing or show you our compelling reasons worthy of protection on the basis of which we will continue the processing.
SSL or TLS encryption
This site uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as orders or inquiries that you send to us as site operator. You can recognize an encrypted connection by the fact that the address line of your browser changes from "http://" to "https://" and by the lock symbol in your browser line. If the SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
Objection to advertising e-mails
The use of contact data published within the scope of the imprint obligation for the transmission of not expressly requested advertisement and information materials is hereby contradicted. The operators of the site expressly reserve the right to take legal action in the event of unsolicited sending of advertising information, such as through spam e-mails.
II. Use of the website
If you use the website for informational purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser sends to our server.
If you would like to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website and to guarantee stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (concrete page)
- Access Status/HTTP Status Code
- Amount of data transferred in each case
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
1) What are cookies?
Our website uses so-called cookies to store user-specific data. Cookies are small files that are stored on your computer by our website and contain certain user data about you, such as language or personal page settings. When you return to our site, your browser transmits the "user-related" information back to our site. Thanks to the cookies, our website knows who you are and offers you your usual default settings. A cookie consists of a name and a value.
2) First-party and third-party cookies
There are both first-party cookies and third-party cookies. First-party cookies are created directly by our site, third-party cookies are created by partner sites or their tools/plug-ins/services (e.g. Google Analytics). Each cookie is evaluated individually, as each cookie stores different data. The expiration time of a cookie also varies from a few minutes to a few years. Cookies are not software programs and do not contain viruses, trojans or other "malware". Cookies also cannot access information on your PC.
3) What types of cookies are there?
(1) Essential Cookies
These cookies are necessary to ensure basic functions of the website. For example, when the user places a product in the shopping cart, then continues surfing on other pages and only proceeds to checkout later. These cookies do not delete the shopping cart, even if the user closes his browser window.
We only use essential cookies!
(2) Functional Cookies
These cookies are not absolutely necessary, but they increase the functionality of the website. This includes, for example, information such as user names, language selection, form data entered once, font size, etc.
We currently do not use functional cookies on this website.
(3) Performance cookies
These cookies collect information about user behavior on the website and whether users receive error messages (if so, which ones?) in order to improve the content and structure of the website. Loading times or the behaviour of the website with different browser types are also measured with these cookies.
We currently do not use performance cookies on this website.
(4) Marketing/Third Party Cookies
These cookies come from external advertising companies, among other things, and are used to collect information about the websites visited by the user, for example to create target-group-oriented advertising for the user.
We currently do not use marketing/third party cookies on this website.
Whether cookies are set in each case and which data are stored in them under which further circumstances is also explained in more detail in our notes on the tools, plug-ins or services used.
5) Browser-side deactivation or deletion of cookies
You can set your web browser to generally prevent cookies from being stored on your terminal device or to ask you each time whether you agree to the setting of cookies. Once cookies have been set, you can delete them at any time. How this works is described in the help function of the web browser you use.
A general deactivation of cookies may lead to functional limitations of this website.
Further functions and offers of our website
1) In addition to the purely informative use of our website, we offer various services which you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you will generally have to provide additional personal data which we use to provide the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
2) In some cases we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are checked regularly.
3) Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if we offer campaigns, competitions, contract conclusions or similar services together with partners. You will receive more detailed information on this when you provide your personal data or in the description of the offer below.
4) Insofar as our service providers or partners are based in a state outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
Collection of personal data in the context of an application
1) Purpose and legal basis of the processing
We process your personal data to establish an employment relationship in compliance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b GDPR in conjunction with Art. 88 GDPR and § 26 BDSG. Processing is carried out solely for the purpose of assessing your suitability, competence and professional performance with regard to the position for which you are applying. We also process your personal data for specific purposes (e.g. for longer storage) if you have given us your consent to data processing in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR in conjunction with Art. 7 GDPR.
If necessary, we are obliged to process your personal data in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. c GDPR. There may be various legal obligations to do so (e.g. obligations under the German Commercial Code; the German Fiscal Code; to store tax-relevant data; under the German Social Security Code; under the General Equal Treatment Act; or other relevant regulations).
2) Nature of the categories of data processed
We process personal data that we receive from you in the course of the application process, e.g. through letters of application, curriculum vitae, certificates, correspondence, telephone or oral information.
The following categories of data can be affected:
- Personal data (name, first name, date of birth)
- Address data (address, place of residence)
- Contact details (phone number, e-mail address)
- Application data (cover letter, certificates, resume)
- Specific personal data (health data such as diseases and disabilities)
3) Recipients or categories of recipients of the data
Initially, our human resources and accounting departments will have access to your data, but also the specialist department of the position for which you have applied. For technical reasons, our administrators and order processors have the possibility to access data processed by IT. They are strictly bound by our instructions and are not allowed to process the data for their own purposes. In certain cases, we may need to disclose your personal data to third parties, such as our bank if you receive a refund or the post office if we communicate with you by letter.
Furthermore, third parties may receive data for certain purposes if this is legally required in the context of your application (e.g. notification to the Federal Employment Agency).
Data is not transferred to locations in countries outside the European Union (so-called third countries).
4) Duration of data storage
Your personal data will be stored for as long as it is necessary to fulfill our contractual and legal obligations in the application process. In the event of a successful application, your personal data will be stored in your personnel file and used to carry out and terminate the employment relationship.
If we are unable to offer you employment, we will continue to process your personal data for up to 6 months after sending the cancellation. In case you agree to the storage of your data beyond the prescribed period, the duration can be correspondingly longer (max. two years).
If the data is no longer required for the fulfilment of contractual or legal obligations, it will be deleted, unless storage is required due to legal retention periods (e.g. to fulfil commercial and tax law retention periods of ten years).